DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE- GDPR
By using the Site and any services we offer via the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by this notice in respect of the information collected about you via the Site. Please ensure that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘privacy notice’) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
1. WHO COLLECTS THE INFORMATION?
Jack Buckley Building & Carpentry (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you. When we use your personal data we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal data for the purposes of the GDPR. Our use of your personal data is subject to your instructions, the GDPR, other relevant UK and EU legislation and our professional duty of confidentiality.
2. DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information.
3. ABOUT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you.
We may collect the following details from you whenever you complete the “Get in touch form” on the Site:
• Full name
• email address
• Telephone number or mobile number and
• Nature of your enquiry being information provided by you.
When you visit the Site our web server automatically records your IP address.
When you visit the Site we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your Device. Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to the hard drive on your Device to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies. A cookie helps you get the best out of the Site and helps us to provide you with a more customised service. We use persistent cookies (also known as “tracking cookies”) on the Site which collects information about how you use our Site. These cookies are stored on your Device between browsing sessions. They enable us to recognise you on you return, to remember your preferences and to tailor services to you.
4. HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell or rent your information to anyone. Under data protection law, we can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
Where we are required by law to comply with legal or regulatory requests.
• For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
After you have completed our Site “Get in touch form” it will send an email to Jack Buckley Building & Carpentry. We will then either telephone or email you back to discuss your query further and to see if you would like to book an appointment.
• For our legitimate interests or those of a third party
As bullet point above.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
We may share your data with other building services, tradespeople or merchants, but only if you become a full client, give permission and request the services of these companies.
• Where you have given consent
Again, when you complete the “Get in touch” form on our Site you are consenting to provide that information to us. All information should be relevant to your enquiry with us and will be kept confidential by us. You may withdraw your consent at any point by emailing email@example.com
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only disclose your Personal Information without your permission if we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order, the government or other law enforcement agencies or for the purposes of investigation and/or prevention of fraud or other crime or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
6. WHERE INFORMATION MAY BE HELD
Information will be held on Jack Buckley Building & Carpentry’s own company computer and back-up server.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information during and after your custom with us for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Further information will be provided if you become a client of Jack Buckley Building & Carpentry. If you do not become a client the information you provided in your enquiry email will be deleted after six months.
8. YOUR RIGHTS TO CORRECT AND ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION AND TO ASK FOR IT TO BE ERASED
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
• Access The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
• Rectification The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
• To be forgotten The right to require us to delete your personal data—in certain situations
• Restriction of processing The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
• Data portability The right to receive the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
• To object The right to object: —at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing (including profiling); —in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
• Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or review the guide available here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulationgdpr/individual-rights
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email, call or write to Jack Buckley at Jack Buckley Building & Carpentry - see below ‘How to contact us’ and let us have enough information to identify you (including your full name and address).
Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill) and let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
9. YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
10. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
If you click through to another website, including social media via our Site:
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from the Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you linked to the Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
11. CONTACTS & COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions about how we treat and protect your personal data and your privacy please contact Jack Buckley of Jack Buckley Building & Carpentry by telephone on 07967 581205 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If not, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the supervisory authority that regulates personal data in the UK. You can get in touch with the ICO by:
• Visiting their website: www.ico.org.uk
• Calling them on 0303 123 1113
• Writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF